Friday, June 1, 2018

I Am No Einstein

Last night I dreamed I was on a boat and I died. My body (I was still in it) was thrown overboard.  As my body began to gently sink, I could see the sky above me. It was as if I was looking through a porthole. Then I felt my body being nudged upward, like a dolphin might do. I then heard a man's voice coming from the boat saying, "Old man, leave that young woman alone."  My first thought was "I am not young."  I then thought, "Ah, yes. Death is birth. The old become a new young."  I was not afraid. I had no sensation of the water. I was not breathing, but I was comfortable. I was surprised by the nudging and lifting, but I did not find them annoying.  I was captivated by the way the light glistened above me.  I think I appreciated being able to look up, but strong emotions were not present.  There was no struggle and no fear. 
 
A couple of nights ago I came home to find Tyler engrossed in a show about Albert Einstein. In about five minutes, maybe less, I was laughing. Obviously, my daily worries contribute almost nothing to humankind's understanding of anything about this world, much less the universe.  Consequently, I think I shall throw my old bag of woe and care overboard and live on in freedom.       
     
If I say, "Surely the darkness shall cover me, 
and the light around me become night,"
even the darkness is as light to you. 
How weighty to me are your thoughts, O God!
How vast the sum of them. 
I try to count them - they are more than the sand. 
I come to the end - and I am still with you. 
 
Psalm 139:11-12, 17-18 
 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment