Friday, May 4, 2018

Psalm 100

Our dog had surgery on Wednesday, so yesterday was a day of recovery for him. I was home in the afternoon, so mostly I sat with him as he slept. As I often do in times of concern or stress, I thought of the Queen of Heaven's starry mantle covering us and bringing us peace. I thought of the mystery of rest and healing, not only for him but also for me.  Sometimes I managed to not think at all.   I also thought of Betty Bracha Stone's translation of Psalm 100.  
 
In this psalm, she addresses God as Yah and feminine.  In her glossary she writes that the name Yah "derives from pronunciation of the first two letters...of the unpronounceable four letter name for God..." She writes that it is spoken with an out-breath, like a "spiritual sigh."  When I sigh, and I often do, it usually comes from a place of acceptance, of coming more fully into where I am. While I do not necessarily live into that moment with joy, I should. For there is Presence.  Bracha Stone uses very little punctuation in her translations.  That openness does bring a sense of peace.   
  
A psalm of gratitude 
 
Let us sing our praises out loud
The earth shouts along with us in triumph 
 
We serve God gladly 
 And come into Holy Presence with joy
We know this - that Yah is sovereign 
And that She made us for the purpose of being Hers 
Her people, the flock of her pasture. 
  
Let us come into Her gates gladly 
And into Her courtyard with gratitude on our lips: 
"We thank you God and praise Your name." 
  
God is Goodness 
Her loving-kindness is boundless 
And She is faithful to us until the end of time  
  
May you feel the Queen of Heaven's starry mantle surrounding you and bringing you the peace and healing you need.  Yah.   
 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment