Monday, April 3, 2017

Offering Ourselves

The following came to me from Rabbi Yael, A Way In, Jewish Mindfulness.  I love the idea of inter-faith meditation.  What if many of us, regardless of our faith traditions, simply sat together and experienced the One who Is called by many names but who is only love?  The mantra I speak is peace.  When thoughts, images, or impatience arises, I can then release them to peace.  I like to think that for a few moments each day, I am peace in the world.     
 
If you are interested in Christian meditation and live in, or close to Oakland, come sit with us. Our website, Hesedcommunity.org has our weekly schedule.    


The Infinite Mystery calls to each of us, to all of us,
Seeking our presence.
Draw close, the Mystery calls,
Draw close to me.
Make an offering of yourself.
Be vulnerable. Be Present. Be real.
Bow deeply in gratitude, notice and name your blessings.
Be true to your word.
Place phrases upon your heart to live by, to return to.
And ask for help. Do not be caught in the illusion that we do this life alone.
Ask for help, for guidance, for support.
These are the offerings I desire, the Mystery calls,
Through these offerings, you draw close.
And I seek your presence. I call you to me.
Draw Close.   

 

No comments:

Post a Comment