Monday, March 27, 2017

Radiance Is in the House

I was happy to see John and Sara today (see blog post from Feb. 28th entitled "Goodness.").  Both seemed in very good spirits, and they talked for a few minutes with the pianist who is planning a trip to Europe. Last month I did not try to serve Communion as I was still struggling with the aftermath of a cold, so today was the first day for me to ask Sara if she would like to take Communion. The answer was a gentle yes.  I then to turned to John. Up until now, he had always declined because he is a devout Catholic, as is she. However, today he told me, "My wife has convinced me  that this, too, is the House of the Lord, so I will gladly accept."  She smiled, and I pretty much floated around the room after that. Ultimately, that is what I want people to know: that not matter what, they are in the House of Lord - or as Stephen Mitchell translates in Psalm 23, "in God's radiance forever and ever."  


Do John and Sara really need to be a dementia care home?  I still wonder.  However, for now, I will live in their radiance, and give thanks.      
    

No comments:

Post a Comment