Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Psalm 16

Psalms for Praying 
Nan C. Merrill 
  
Remain ever before me,
O Loving Presence,
for in You am I safe.
You are my Beloved; in You 
I can do all things. 
 
I look to those who are at one 
with You and learn from them of your ways; 
My delight increases each time
I sense Your presence within me! 
 
Love is my chosen food, my cup, 
holding me in its power.
Where I have come from,
Where'er I shall go, 
Love is my birthright, 
my true estate. 
 
I bless the Counselor who guides my way;
in the night also does my heart instruct me.
I walk beside the Spirit of Truth; 
I celebrate the Light.
 
Thus my heart is glad, and my soul rejoices.
I shall not be afraid,
nor fall into the pit of despair;
In Love's presence there is fullness of joy.  
 
You are my Beloved; in You will I live.




No comments:

Post a Comment