Friday, May 29, 2015

Waylaid by Tenderness

As I began my morning walk, I decided to be firm.  No lallygagging among the flowers.  A brisk, purposeful walk.  I made it across the street before the wonder set in once again.  Even these simple little flowers stopped me in my tracks.     
 
As I ponder a beloved elder who has recently passed, I am surprised to remember that when I met her, she had already grown quiet.  Yet, she always greeted me with a smile and an outreached hand.  We laughed together.  About what I guess I do not really know.  This is often the world in which I walk, and it usually brings me great joy.   Yes, sometimes I do wonder if it is enough.  Yet, God's promises are for us all.    We can perhaps do better, but we are always enough, and I am grateful.  
   
"Because she loves me," says the LORD, 
I will rescue her; 
I will protect her, for she acknowledges my name. 
She will call upon me, and I will answer her; 
I will be with her in times of trouble,
I will deliver her and honor her. 
With long life will I satisfy her 
and show her my salvation.   
  
Psalm 91:14-16  





No comments:

Post a Comment