Thursday, January 1, 2015

A New Year's Blessing




   I woke early on January 1 only to discover that an old friend has returned:  sciatica.  No, at first I did not greet it warmly.  However, as I began my stretches, I realized that in some ways sciatica is indeed a friend.  It reminds me that I have been sitting on the couch too much; not stretching enough, and probably not paying attention to what I am eating.  Really, a pretty good friend that helps to keep me in balance and gives me the feedback that I need.   
 
May whatever you face today and every day thereafter, please remember that God is always with you.  None of us, no matter what, are ever out of the loop in God.  Therefore, we are always home. Home where we belong. Home with one another. Let us be at peace. 
 
Happy New Year.     
    
 
You, LORD, are my portion, my cup; 
you control my destiny. 
The property lines have fallen 
beautifully for me; 
yes, I have a lovely home.    
 
Psalm 16:5-6     

No comments:

Post a Comment