Thursday, November 20, 2014

Almost Heaven




Those of you who are on Facebook may have seen the following post yesterday.  Ms. Cleo will pass this afternoon, attended by the veterinarian she has flirted with all her life.   Loss is seldom easy, but oh, the good times we had..  I am also grateful that I could sit with Carl yesterday, and thank him for his gentle presence in this world. May we always be willing to love one another. Yes, it is very much worth it.  

     


I've been thinking about heaven today. Not sure what exactly I have been thinking, but I today I think of heaven where the beloved elder Carl, and the beloved elder dog, Ms. Cleo, just might meet for a stroll. The color of this rose surprised me. I think that is what happens when you are thinking about heaven. You get surprised by the heaven right in front of you. Whether in a rose, an old dog, or an old friend.   



No comments:

Post a Comment