Friday, July 2, 2021

Novena, Day 6

  I did not sleep soundly last night, so this morning I am a little tired. I almost did not attempt to meditate because I was certain I would just drift off to sleep. However, we are encouraged to return to our sitting place whether we feel like it or not.  I am grateful for those wise teachers, and I did stay awake.  I am also grateful for the small meditating community that gathers with me on Wednesday evenings. They, too, help keep me steadily on the path. You are welcome to join us!  Just drop me a note for the Zoom link.   


Day 6

I greet this day with Christ in my heart. 
This day I will love myself. 
As a result, I inspect all that enters my body, my mind, my heart. 
I resist overindulgence and cherish my body 
with cleanliness and moderation. 
I uplift my mind through knowledge and wisdom of the ages. 
I refuse to become complacent. 
I fill myself with gratitude for the opportunities that come. 
I feed my spirit through meditation and contemplate 
the great mystery of life. 
My heart unfolds and embraces all of life. 
My love blesses the Earth. 
I greet this day with Christ in my heart.  
 
Rev. Carol Parrish-Harra (Edited. She uses the word love instead of  Christ.) 
  






photograph: San Leandro, June, 2021   
  

No comments:

Post a Comment