Saturday, July 3, 2021

Night Prayer and Novena, Day 9

 So what would you say to the Holy One? 


I greet this night with Christ in my heart. 
I give thanks for the mysteries of the rise of dough, 
and the baking of bread. 
I give thanks to friends who send notes. 
I give thanks to a neighbor who leaves flowers 
for people to take as they walk by. 
I pray for our old dog whose rest is disturbed by fireworks.  
I give thanks as  the evening moves into darkness. 
I give thanks that I do not fear the night  
for it is light to me. 
I pray for all I have read in the newspaper today. 
I greet this night with Christ in my heart.   
   
Day 9  (Sunday)
   
I greet this day with Christ in my heart. 
This is the great secret of joy. 
Only can the unseen power of love 
can open my heart to all others 
and their hearts to me. 
I will make love my most effective tool, 
bringing happiness to others and myself. 
I give and receive the abundance of love 
that is needed in my life, 
that I might bless and be blessed. 
I now know the great secret of joy, 
and life is transformed. 
I greet this day with Christ in my heart. 
 
My gratitude to Rev. Carol Parrish-Harra for these novenas, and for hopefully understanding my adding Christ to the beautiful mix.      


  


 
photograph: my altar for Sunday with my neighbor's generous offering. The angel fell off the desk during the earthquake this week. One wing was damaged, but Tyler was able to mend. She has been through a lot. As have we all.  Let us be good to ourselves and one another, and  
 pray.    
     
 


No comments:

Post a Comment