Friday, July 2, 2021

Novena, Day 7

 "You do not need to know precisely what is happening, or exactly where it is all going. What you need is to recognize the possibilities and challenges offered by the present moment, and to embrace them with courage, faith, and hope."

~ Thomas Merton  

The schedule I was envisioning for this morning was interrupted even before the tea was poured.  The dog got sick - twice. He seems to be fine and has just returned from taking a walk with Tyler. I think learning to gracefully deal with interruptions and then simply to return to your plan is a worthy lesson. I have to practice this over and over during meditation. There will always be interruptions. Some you can put on hold; others you simply cannot.  Regardless, we always need to return, whether it is to our mantra, or to what we need to do next.  

This quote by Thomas Merton arrived in my inbox this morning. A timely reminder to simply tend to the task at hand. 
  
Day 7 

I greet this day with Christ in my heart. 
Henceforth, I shall love all life
and all kingdoms in every expression. 
At this moment I take steps 
toward a greater level of expression 
for myself and all of humanity. 
I grow in my understanding 
of the power of love and its holy purpose. 
I can succeed with love alone in my life, 
as a great power that leads my experience. 
Love alone is capable of uniting all life 
in such a way as to complete and fulfill. 
Love takes each one of us 
and joins up by the deepest in each.
This appreciation hastens the day when all 
life is consciously linked together. 
I greet this day with Christ in my heart.   
 
Rev. Carol Parrish-Hara  (I have substituted the word Christ for love in the first and last lines).   




 
Image: Downtown San Leandro, July 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment