Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Novena, Day 5

 I think that starting my morning, before I even get out of bed, with the statement, "I greet this day with Christ in my heart," is helping to keep me honest. I cannot make that quiet declaration and then begin to complain and worry. I have to move into another direction: the one that clears the way with  fidelity and love. 


I greet this day with Christ in my heart. 
I respond to the actions of others with love. 
Adversity and discouragement will beat 
against my shield of love and become soft as rain. 
My shield of love sustains me when I am alone, 
Uplifts me in moments of despair
And calms me in times of confusion. 
I awaken to the new day with vitality
and joy of living. 
As my courage increases, my enthusiasm rises. 
My desire to greet the world overcomes every fear.  
I accept happiness from the sources made available to me. 
As I become stronger, I cast aside the shield
And walk unencumbered among the family of humanity, 
giving and receiving. 
The radiation of unconditional love awakens the joy 
of living in everyone I meet. 
I greet this day with Christ  in my heart.  
  
Rev. Carol Parrish-Harra
(in the first and last lines I have substituted the word Christ for love.)  





  
image: San Leandro, April 2016


No comments:

Post a Comment