Sunday, June 27, 2021

Novena, Day 2

  I first shared Day 2 of the novenas on  June 8, 2005.  It was raining that day. Probably lightly  because rain in June  is rare in our Mediterranean like climate. I welcomed the rain then, and I would surely welcome it today. 

 This morning as I awakened, I did say, "I greet this day with love in my heart."  I then changed the word love to Christ. I then felt my love both expand and deepen. I felt compassion stir. Christ reminds me that this is not just my private journey. We go together. Yes, every one of us.  Feel free to make the prayer your own. 
I also thought of the creatures, trees, and plants that suffer in a drought.  I am saddened. Yet, this morning, the birds still sing.  
However you address the sacred, may you belong to a community that strengthens and deepens your capacity for compassion and love. May you know  your holiness, and the holiness that holds, and is the world. 
 
Day 2  
I greet this day with Christ in my heart. 
Henceforth, I look on all life with compassion. 
I realize the rebirth within myself. 
I love the sun, and it warms me. 
Yet, I love the rain for it cleanses my spirit. 
I love the darkness for it shows me the stars. 
I welcome happiness for it expands my heart; 
I endure sadness for it teaches me compassion. 
I experience the challenges of my life 
as they aid in my growth. 
I greet this day with Christ in my heart.    
 
Rev. Carol E. Parrish-Harra (edited)    

 


No comments:

Post a Comment