Monday, June 28, 2021

Novena, Day 3

I find this novena quite beautiful.  Let us befriend not only those we meet, but also ourselves. Let us be kind with our suggestions. We are all learning and at times we all falter. May we all practice grace.  


I greet this day with Christ in my heart. 
I will love those I confuse as enemies 
and find ways to know them as friends. 
I encourage my friends as they become 
my brothers and sisters. 
I will find ways to applaud. 
I release harmful words and thoughts. 
When I am tempted to criticize, 
I will find compassion. 
When I am moved to praise, 
I will speak out clearly. 
I will join the birds, the wind ,and the sea 
as nature speaks praise for the Creator. 
I will become as music with the children of God. 
As I remember my resolve, I will uplift my life. 
I greet this day with Christ in my heart.   
  
Rev. Carol E. Parrish-Harra (Please note I substituted Christ for the word love in the first line.)   





 
image: artichoke, San Leandro, June 2021


No comments:

Post a Comment