Friday, November 20, 2020

Chapter 3, Tao Te Ching

 "If you overesteem great men, 

people become powerless. 
If you overvalue possessions, 
people begin to steal.  
 
The Master leads 
by emptying people's minds 
and filling their cores, 
by weakening their ambition
and toughening their resolve..."   
     
With the guidance of  my yoga/qigong teacher, I have been concentrating on strengthening and balancing my core muscles. It is a slow process, but I believe it is an important one.  My teacher calls these muscles (abdomen, pelvis, hips, thighs,buttucks and hamstrings) " muscles of independence".  Yes, the practice  is toughening my resolve to be able to sit, stand, and walk under my own power for as long as possible.  Self-discipline has never been one of my strengths, but sooner or later, most of us learn to put aside at least some of our assumptions that the body will just take care of itself.  Our bodies are miraculous. We should be astounded every day.  We each must learn to accept and live in our own body until our soul needs it no longer.    

Don’t you know that you yourselves are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit dwells in your midst?    
1 Corinthians 3:16    
  



photograph:  San Leandro, a few years ago

No comments:

Post a Comment