Friday, November 20, 2020

Chapter 4, Tao Te Ching



The Tao is like a well:
used but never used up.
It is like the eternal void:
filled with infinite possibilities.  
   
It is hidden but always present. 
I don't know who gave birth to it. 
It is older than God."   
  
Chapter 4, Tao Te Ching 
Stephen Mitchell 
  
Last night I dreamed of Jesus. I remember only walking alongside the ocean with him.  The memory of the dream, while short on details,  strengthens my intent to walk with him on the journey through the Tao Te Ching.
 Stephen Mitchell comments on the last line of this chapter: "There is no God when there is nothing but God." At this point I run out of words.  So I shall sing one of my favorite Advent hymns:  
   
"With joy draw water from the spring;
 salvation's living well. 
The Holy One is in your midst; 
glad praises sing and tell!"     
 
With Joy Draw Water 
Anne McKinstry        
     


 

photograph:  San Mateo, 2015? 

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete