Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Chapter 7, Tao Te Ching

 "The Tao is infinite, eternal. 

Why is it eternal?  
It was never born; 
thus it can never die. 
Why is it infinite? 
It has no desires for itself; 
thus it is present for all beings.  
   
The Master stays behind; 
that is why she is ahead. 
She is detached from all things; 
that is why she is one with them. 
Because she has let go of herself, 
she is perfectly fulfilled.     
 
Tao Te Ching, Chapter 7 
Stephen Mitchell  
  
   
I am finding much comfort in Lao-tzu's ancient writings.  I am also encouraged in learning that it is one of the most translated books we have, second only to the Bible.  Can we truly practice non-grasping  so we can then hold all of life?   I am finding these chapters both austere and deeply satisfying.   They lead me to a silent and sacred temple and I find peace. 




   
  
photograph:  San Leandro, November 2020  

No comments:

Post a Comment