Monday, April 13, 2020

Point of View

I am sitting on the living room couch, but if I tilt my head just a little to the left I can look  our dining room window.  I  see green, grey, red, and gold.   The resolution is not clear because generally I have my reading glasses on when I sit here.   It is a view that I have come to love, especially at sunrise and sunset.  It is actually a new view for me. When the floors were redone, we let the curtains go because we discovered the light was so beautiful.  Also, a neighbor removed a large bay tree which also obstructed the view.  
  
I woke this morning from a dream where a friend suggests that I read the letter of James.  In the dream, I asked her about 1 Peter. "Not yet. Start with James."  She was right. I did hear the word I needed to hear.  I will thank her.   

It is Holy Monday and we are in Eastertide.  May the light of Christ shine in your hearts, your homes, your dreams, your world.      
   
   
Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance.  Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. Such a person is double-minded and unstable in all they do.    
James 1:2-8   
    
    

No comments:

Post a Comment