Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Pondering the Beatitudes

"Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake, 
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. 
Blessed are you when people revile you and persecute you 
and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account.  
Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven, 
for in the same they persecuted 
the prophets who were before you."  
 
Matthew 5:10-11  
   
Jesus then goes on to tell the disciples that they are the salt of the earth and and the light of the world.  This morning, as I often do, I find much comfort in the Beatitudes.  I  hear Jesus whispering, "Keep going," when I read the Sermon on the Mount.  There is always more.  There is the blessedness of God, a love that knows no end and is for all.  As the psalmist says, "Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is so high that I cannot attain it (Psalm 139:6).  
 
Thank you for journeying with me.  Let us remember to pause and look around. Heaven is very close.  Blessed be. 
 
photograph:  San Leandro, March, 2019  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment