Monday, October 30, 2017

Psalm 66, Continued

Lynn C. Bauman's translation of Psalm 66 reminds me that I can only come to God as I am. When we try to avoid such honesty, our prayers and our lives lack authenticity and our souls are restless.  This morning, I am grateful for the time to come into God's temple, which is my soul. 
​   
I have only recently learned that marigolds are often placed on the altars celebrating Dia de los Muertos in the belief that the souls are guided by the flower's bright color. I know color often beckons me to God's temple. I have never believed I am simply photographing flowers.      
  
"So now I enter your abode, my God, 
and offer you this burning gift. 
I pray the vows that I have made, 
and speak to you in my despair. 
I'll give you the best of everything I am and have, 
leave nothing out in all its plenitude; 
So come and listen as I declare 
all that God has done for me. 
For when I cried my grief and pain, 
I spoke out using human words, 
I could not hide the darkest things, 
or God would never heed my prayer. 
Yes, it is God who heard and answered back, 
who listened deeply to my call. 
So blessed be the name of God, 
who does not withhold great love from us
or turn aside our prayers."  
  
Psalm 66:12-18 
Ancient Songs Sung Anew 
Lynn C. Bauman    
    
  

No comments:

Post a Comment