Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Goings On

The limitations of iPhone photography intrigue me almost as much as what it does very well.  I am in the process of intentionally deleting photographs. At times I am reluctant to delete an image. I think if I return to it at a later date, maybe I will see something that I am not seeing on that particular day.  Sometimes that does happen, but usually I forget to return to complete the work.  This morning I realized I had a better eye today for deleting than for cropping, and I made use of that current state of mind. Photography is an interesting cycle of seeing, cropping, saving, or deleting. The cycle can sometimes be completed in a minute or two, but usually takes longer. I need to remember that deleting is very part of the discipline. We must learn to let go in all aspects of our lives. That process can be painful, and resting in it seldom comes easily. Yet, in learning to let go, we learn endurance. We learn to trust, knowing there is always more to be revealed. 

Take notice, 
The Mystery calls,  
I am doing a new thing. 
Right now it is sprouting. 
Suddenly you will know it.  
 
Isaiah 43:19  
Rabbi Yael Levy   
Day 17 of counting the Omer  

     

No comments:

Post a Comment