Monday, February 23, 2015

Create in me

This morning's walk was accompanied by a gusty, rather chilly wind.  Last week was not the easiest of weeks for me. Certainly in the midst of some changes I am receiving much encouragement, but I have also gotten my feelings hurt more than once, and those voices kept surfacing.  As I walked, I realized that was probably a sign that I am simply tired.  I then turned turned a corner, the wind paused for a moment, and this lovely scene peacefully greeted me.  I heard the psalmist plea, "Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me (Psalm 51:10)."    
Some translations read " a pure heart."  Not sure I will ever have one of those.  But, a clean, or at least cleaner, lighter heart, is surely possible.  Such is the gift of Lent.  Such is the gift of God. 
     
   

No comments:

Post a Comment