Saturday, September 6, 2014

To Heaven and Back

I woke this morning with bits of this poem floating in my mind, but I could not remember the title or the author.  Eventually, both surfaced thanks to the plethora of information on the internet, and my remembering that a friend mentioned that the author of the poem also wrote The Rime of the Ancient Mariner

 I thought I had sent this via Ponderings years ago, but it did not come up in my search.  Well, it is here now.  The poet does pose an interesting question.  I would probably take a picture, ponder some more, and then send you all a note.  
 
Just like I always do.     
 
What if you slept
And what if
In your sleep
You dreamed
And what if
In your dream
You went to heaven
And there plucked a strange and beautiful flower
And what if
When you awoke
You had that flower in you hand
Ah, what then?


Samuel Taylor Coleridge 



No comments:

Post a Comment