Saturday, March 30, 2019

A Prayer for Today

Julian of Norwich believed God and Christ to be courteous.  I woke from a dream this morning where there was a copper pipe in the middle of a room.  At the top of this upright pipe was a bowl.  Water flowed into the bowl and people were coming to gently wash their hands and faces.  Although no water was being spilled, I  wondered if the constantly flowing water was wasteful.  Then I realized that the water had been changed to a flame.  I then understood that the source of fire and water are the same and cannot be controlled.     
 
Courteous God, 
be the foundation of my being. 
May I sit in your true rest, 
stand in you in sure strength, 
and be rooted in you in endless love?
Reveal yourself more to me 
so that I may know my true nature better 
and act as I truly am.    
 
All Will Be Well 
compiled by Richard Chilson   

 
  

photograph: Mountain View, Spring 2019


No comments:

Post a Comment