Friday, August 12, 2022

A Different View

Sometimes I need a different view, so on Fridays, I try to get out of the neighborhood if possible. Today, I decided to take Jack for a walk at Oyster Bay, here in San Leandro. As we were leaving, Tyler, who was diligently working on spreadsheets, mentioned with fondness the scent of the dill that grows there.  I love the view of the sky through the tall dill, so that is the path that Jack and I walked. 
  
Much of the park has been cleared for disc golf, and there are some grassy areas with picnic tables. Yet, I much prefer a walk among the dill. Bees also are attracted to dill, and the bee in this photograph surprised me.  I usually do not keep out-of-focus photographs, but this chance encounter reminds me to continue to look for those different views.  
   
    
Let the weeds in their season, 
and let the wildness in its time. 
Let lostness, 
and let wandering 
and waste. 
     
Jan L. Richardson 


       
       


  

image: Oyster Bay, San Leandro, August 2022 

No comments:

Post a Comment