Monday, April 18, 2022

The Expanding Universe That Is Us

 When I read the following passage early Easter morning, I felt the stirring of a deepening understanding of Easter. I had no doubt that  that resurrection is ongoing. I have always believed that,  but yesterday I absorbed it at the cellular level.  We are not celebrating just an ancient story, we are celebrating the Christ who is always with us and who continually urges us to expand. I usually do not wear a robe when I preach, but for Easter I certainly do. It was a blessing to don my white robe and red stole with a white dove that the San Lorenzo church gave me a few years ago.  I felt amazingly light and light-filled. I knew only love. 

 Blessings to you this Easter Monday. May you, too, sense your freedom as you read this passage from Silence and Stillness in Every Season by John Main. The text originally appeared in his book, Moment of Christ.     
   
Our Christian life is not just a question of finding a way of getting through our lives. Every word of the New Testament suggests to us that it is of supreme importance that we live our lives in a state of continuous expansion, expansion of heart and expansion of Spirit, growing in love and becoming more firmly rooted in God. Each of us has to understand our potential, that we are an expanding universe, and so each of us possesses the potential for an energy-expansion that is not less than infinite.     
   




image:  San Leandro, April 2016    
  
We gather via Zoom every Wednesday at 4:00 p.m to meditate in the Christian tradition.  Drop me a note if you would like to join us!
    

No comments:

Post a Comment