Friday, August 27, 2021

This Friday

Air Quality: Poor 
Commute home up 880 North: Poorer  (Yes, Google Maps said to take 101 N to to 92 but I really wanted to see the white pelicans that one can often see from the Dumbarton Bridge.)  "What is an extra 4 minutes?" I asked. Well, not much until you add a car wreck and a stalled truck that overheated in the backup.  

Yet, to lead worship in a memory care home that I have not been able to visit in person since the pandemic began and to witness three residents who were sitting together on a couch smiling and singing so sweetly, and to almost be able to hug staff members whom I have loved and admired for years and I cannot tell you how happy I am that they are still there, was beyond wonderful.  A strange sentence I know, but there was such a crescendo of emotion and experience that periods just get in  the way. 

The pianist and I happened to walk in together, and we talked about how strange it felt to resume after we had been away for what seemed so long. I commented that I even had trouble remembering what exit to take.  I almost left the song sheets in the car. 

We floated out together.  She smiled and said, "This."

Yes.      

 




photograph: San Leandro, August 2021

No comments:

Post a Comment