Thursday, August 12, 2021

Hope

 "Hope is the aspiration to be totally at home. It is the strongest aspiration of our being. The word virtue means 'strength'. The virtue of hope is a strength of spirit. But to be virtuous does not mean only to do the right things and be a respectable person. To be virtuous means to be strong in the Spirit, to have accepted the gift of the Spirit's strength." *  

  
Although I have read all 159 pages of the book, The Selfless Self, I think it is a book that I will never conclude. Reading it has deepened my meditation practice, and my meditation practice touches every aspect of my life. In addition, meditating reminds me that we are eternally held in love. This is a gift I gratefully accept.  






 


The Selfless Self, Laurence Freeman, OSB, p. 152 
photograph: San Leandro, August 2016  

No comments:

Post a Comment