Friday, January 29, 2021

Rest

 It is early morning. I light candles as I view the shrouded round  moon that is shining through the dark tree branches.  Our thermostat is broken. We hope the  replacement part will arrive today.  I ponder putting on a cap. 

 In the past few days I have received three emails that have stayed with me.  One from a young staff member in a skilled nursing community: "We are in a battle ground and we are counting deaths."   Another is  from a  community just up the road from the first.  I feel the elation.  They are Covid free and everyone is receiving vaccinations.  Yet another sends me a cautiously hopeful note saying  she has received clearance to hold activities for three people at a time.  Could I do a Zoom worship for three?  Of course.

 These  and others trust that I am praying for them and with them. I am aware that trust is sacred.  I remember a book of poems a friend gave me a few years  before she passed.   I feel her nudge.   

   
Just Sit There Right Now     
   
Just 
sit there right now. 
Don't do a thing. Just rest.
   
For your 
separation from God 
is the hardest work in the world.  
  
Let me bring you trays of food and something 
that you like to 
drink.   
  
You can use my soft words 
as a cushion 
for your 
head.   
    
Hafiz 
Love Poems from God, Daniel Ladinsky    
   
Every week during  Lent, I plan on  hosting two times of  meditation via Zoom.  The exact times have not yet been set, but I believe there will be one on Tuesday afternoons and one on Wednesday evenings.  If you are interested in possibly joining, please let me know what time might work best for you.  We will begin each session with a short reading to focus our intention. Then we will sit in silence for 20 minutes, and conclude with a  time of conversation and spoken prayer.  I anticipate these sessions being about an hour long, maybe less.    
Let us rest in God together.        
 
    
 
   



photograph:  hyacinths, February 2019, San Leandro.  Oh, the scent...    
 

No comments:

Post a Comment