Saturday, September 28, 2019

Pondering the Beatitudes

"Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God."   
Matthew 5:8   
    
I think this has to do with our intentions.  On what are we focused?  If we are focused on seeing God's love manifested in this world, we will see and experience that love.  We can take part. If we just concentrate on trying to make ourselves pure, that is simply feeding the ego.  That is a trap because a hungry ego can never be satiated.   
One evening I came home from my yoga class wondering what was I trying to accomplish.  I picked up the book Light on Yoga by B.K.S. Iyengar.  This phrase surfaced: "to gain strength to serve the Lord."  I smiled and gave thanks.    
  
I believe the attached photograph was taken in 2019.  
  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment