Monday, April 8, 2019

Through the Dunes

In the dream 
I am walking 
among white dunes. 
I  sense no ocean 
but still there 
 is a vastness.
These may be   
desert dunes. 

In the dream 
I return to a building.  
People are there, 
and they tell me 
"There isn't anything 
out there." 
   
 I am smiling. 
I show them my pass 
that allows me to travel 
as far as I want.  
I note there is an 
expiration date, but 
that does not worry me.      
I have no sense 
of limitation, 
 only freedom. 
 
As I turn and 
start down a path 
through the dunes
once more, 
I tell those 
who stay close to the building
that I am learning happiness.  

I decide to travel a little 
further this time. 
    
  
say 
April, 2019    
I am purposely not attaching an image.  These dreams seem to be calling for images other than flowers, so I want try to do some artwork and see what comes up.  This dream gives me a sense of freedom that I definitely want to explore.  I also want to explore the link between poetry and dreams.      

No comments:

Post a Comment