Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Home

In the dream 
I am standing in a small house 
whose walls, without a doubt 
need some paint.  
The drapes need cleaning; 
There is patching 
that needs to be done. 
But it has lovely arched 
doorways, 
some crosses here and there 
and windows that let in 
a gentle light. 

In the dream 
Tyler is there and 
I sense we could 
 paint those walls 
and tend to  
what needs 
tending.  
 
There is another man 
in the house who tells 
me whom to call so 
I can begin painting. 

As the phone is ringing 
I realize I do not know 
where I am.  That is, 
I do not know where the 
house is.
  
He seems unconcerned 
even when I hurredly 
give an  address
only to  realize that 
is where I lived 
years ago. 
I think that I 
cannot be there now.   
 He laughs 
and tells me it is okay. 
  
The certainty 
that you are home 
even when you 
do not know exactly 
where that is.  
 
This morning I smile. 
   
say, April 2019 
the pastel was done maybe a couple of years ago.
  
    
    

No comments:

Post a Comment