Tuesday, September 21, 2021

Timely

 I woke this morning of my 68th birthday  with a vision. I do not consider it a dream for there was no movement.  I shall try to describe it: 

In the upper left corner is what looks to me to be  a circular pen or corral made of rounded wooden posts.  In the center is a large old fashioned alarm clock, complete with a bell on the top of the clock that  always looks charming until the sound of its ringing  jars you awake  from a lovely sleep.  The face of the clock is white. The numerals and hands are black. The large hand is on 12; the small hand is on 4 or 5 (This is probably about the time I was having the dream.)  The front of the fence (could be a gate), is open wide, and some sort of stream was pouring from the clock.  It sparkles and  does not appear to be water.  I am standing in the stream in the foreground.   I am wearing a long grey dress and on my head is something like a wimple.  My hands are folded, but my head is not bowed. There is no movement. Even the stream is not moving. It really is like a painting.  I wish I could send this note to the surrealist painter, Remedios Varo. Yet, I suppose we all must find our own ways of bringing our dreams and visions to life.  Perhaps the dream is telling me that it is time.  I shall accept this gift.  

It would be a lovely gift to me if you all had a wonderful day today.      


    


 
photograph: San Leandro, September, 2021

No comments:

Post a Comment