Sunday, April 18, 2021

Travel; Don't Chase

"The day we take to meditation, we begin the long process of breaking through our obsessive identification with the body. At first this may produce a cry of protest. The senses will complain that they are being starved; the body will tell us that all the fun has gone out of life; the mind will complain that it's restless and doesn't want to quiet down. It is like trying to train a dog when you have always let him chase cars, sleep on the couch, and run freely all night."
   
Like A Thousand Suns, The Bhagavad Gita for Daily Living, Volume 2 (page 37)
Eknath Easwaran    
   
photograph:  San Leandro, April 2018  

I have entitled this photograph "Not Morocco". The picture does give me a sense of Morocco.  No, I have never travelled to Morocco.  Just in case I do get to travel to Morocco, which I think I would like to do, I want to be clear that this is not from Morocco.  I have learned, however, that there is a rose festival in May in Morocco in May. I feel I have just taken a trip. I am grateful for the guidance of our neighborhood flowers that take my imagination to beautiful lands.      
  
Blessings to you all this Sunday and always.  May your mind, heart, and soul know peace. May we travel, not chase. 
 
Love,

Sue Ann     

 


No comments:

Post a Comment