Thursday, March 18, 2021

Prayer, Poem, and a Peony

 Last night we began  and ended our meditation time with this poem by Kabir.   I have so appreciated gathering with others for meditation.  Yes, even on Zoom, we have a sense of a small meditating community.  It is humbling to think that my journey has brought me to this time and place where I can simply sit and fall in love with the world once more.  

 
   
I Had to Seek the Physician 
     
I had to seek the Physician 
because of the pain this world 
caused 
me.  
 
I could not believe what happened when I got there - 
I found my 
Teacher.  
  
Before  I left, he said, 
"Up for a little homework, yet?"  
"Okay," I replied. 
  
"Well then, try thanking all the people 
who have caused you pain.  
  
They helped you 
come to 
me."   
   
Love Poems from God 
Translations by Daniel Ladinsky     






photograph:  
San Leandro, March 2021  
  
This peony lives not very far from us.   I have always found it beautiful and intriguing, partly because of the wall next to it.   

No comments:

Post a Comment