Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Psalm 75

Psalms for Praying 
Nan C. Merrill   
   
We give thanks to You, O Beloved, 
we give thanks; 
We call upon your Name and 
recount the ways of Love.   
  
For hidden within the heart of each soul, 
there dwells the Divine Guest. 
Let us rejoice and be glad!    
    
   
Yes, we are halfway through the psalms and you are receiving this one a few hours early.  I confess this psalm also warns of judgement and a refiner's fire. However, it does seem the refiner's fire is all around us.  I am seeking refuge elsewhere today. Perhaps because I have been asked to baptize a baby this Sunday.   Forgive me if I err on the side of rejoicing.  Surely we must baptize, and live in hope, not fear.     
I thank your for journeying with me.   I have loved this daily practice.  We can deal with the refiner's fire on another day.   Forgive me, God, if I assume too much. 

      


No comments:

Post a Comment