Monday, August 25, 2014

Incarnation

When I came upon this beautiful chard, I heard the whisper, "This is my body..." I heard the psalmist ask, "Oh, where can I go from your spirit?"  The whisper again:  "Given to you."

A bittersweet moment as I stood before abundant life knowing the drought at that very moment was deepening.  As I eat my muffin topped with ricotta cheese and Soquel avocado California  honey, I pray.  I give thanks for Jesus who is teaching me what bread and wine really are.  And I give thanks to the psalmist who reminds me to be wherever I am, for I can be no where else.   
  
Where can I go from your spirit?
From your presence where can I flee?
If I ascend to the heavens, you are there;
if I lie down in Sheol, you are there too.   
 
Psalm 139:7-8   
  
I also give thanks for all of you.   




1 comment:

  1. This is a previous post that I deleted and re-posted. I do not think the picture was displaying correctly. Is communion and incarnation one in the same? How could it be otherwise.

    ReplyDelete