Thursday, August 14, 2014

Found

The last lines of the wonderful hymn, "Love Divine, All Loves Excelling," reads "Till' we cast our crowns before Thee, lost in wonder, love, and praise."  When I sing this hymn with the beloved elders, I always tell them that when that day comes, there should be no concern because we will be right where we need to be - in the heart of God's love.  

I thought of this hymn this morning as I took this picture.  Someday, I will dedicate a whole day to simply be among the flowers.  I hope I will have the presence of mind to not wander off on a day when I am scheduled to be somewhere else.  Regardless, do not worry about me.  Just say, "Oh, she is just lost in wonder, love, and praise.  Right where she has longed to be."
    
Let us always remember to enjoy some easy days this summer. Practice casting your crowns now.  They are heavier than you think.   
 
   
Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they neither toil nor spin,  yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not clothed like one of these.  Matthew 6:28-29

1 comment: