Thursday, March 26, 2020

Refiner's Fire

In my dream early this morning, I am walking along a dirt road.  It is twilight. The land is flat.  On the right hand side of the road is a ditch and an old wire fence.  I do not think it was barbed wire, but I am not certain. A fast travelling car comes up from behind me. At first I think the driver wants to run me over, but instead the car stops alongside me.  The car is dark grey, as if it had been another color at one time, but has been spray painted over. The car has no lights and appears to be stripped of just about everything. A figure steps out.  For some reason I think it is a man, but he is a swirling mass of fire - every shade of red, gold, and orange.  It is not that he is on fire, but rather that he is fire itself.  In the dream I do not feel pain, but I think I am turning to ash.  I sense my mother's worry and I believe I sense her telling me to get away.  I run, not along the road, but across the land to my left. There is no fence on that side of the road.  It is still twilight; the light has not changed. There are structures in the distance. I see lights. The terrain is flat, and at least some of the land is green.  As I run, I do not feel the ground, nor do I  feel tired.  There is a wonderful sense of space. I feel I am travelling effortlessly and quickly, but I find myself back on the road with the one I now think of as Fire Man. 
 
The light still has not changed. The flames I saw earlier have just about died down.  The male figure now is about the same color as the car.  In the middle of the road, in the space between us, I see an object.  I pick it up. It is a beautiful small bowl, looking to be made of many fired, wispy feathers. They are thin, but the fire has strengthened them. The effect is like raku, and the colors: golds, reds, oranges, and even some blues, are burnished and stunning. The bowl glimmers in the twilight.  I do not remember it having any weight.  It is not hot to the touch.  This morning I think it is like a bird's nest.   

I look inside the bowl, and I see a small gold cross.  I look up at Fire Man, and he quietly says, "That is mine."  There is some subtle emotion when he says this that I simply cannot describe.  There is a sense of quiet revelation, but he does not try to take the bowl. I realize I have ash all over me, but I feel no pain, so I do not think I was ever burned.  I am now about the same color as Fire Man.  I have a sense that my mother's anxiety (which was very prevalent in her physical life, and therefore mine) is no longer present.     
    
My friend and colleague, Rev. Jonathan Leavy posted some of his new art work on Facebook yesterday.  I think his work inspired this dream.  Yet, it is my dream, and I have dreamed of fire in the past.  Years ago, I had a reoccurring dream where I am being burned at the stake.  In these dreams there is always a woman's voice telling me that if I am still, I will feel no pain.  In these dreams I am never afraid for I love her voice, and I still listen for her wisdom today.  

 I think this time we are in now is of great importance.  It is not a time to simply get through, but to allow ourselves to be transformed.  It is time to listen to our hopes and dreams.  I sense the beginnings of great change.  Let us pay attention to the synchronicity that surrounds and guide us. We do not travel alone.    
    
Love, Blessings, and Courage, 

Sue Ann   
   
     

No comments:

Post a Comment